From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Michael D. Palage
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:37 PM
To: registrars@dnso.org
Subject: [registrars] ICANN Restructuring

I have been contacted by representatives of the registry constituency about
discussing a unified position on behalf of registration authorities that
have existing contractual relationships with ICANN that may be adversely
impacted by the proposed restructuring.

As the principal point person on this issue for the Registrar Constituency,
I would like to recommend the following registrars participate in any cross
constituency brain storming. Ross (TUCOWS), Elana (Rcom), Bruce B (VRSN)
Bruce T (MelbourneIT).  Although these representatives are primarily from
larger registrars, they have designated policy people within their companies
that many better understand the dynamics of this restructuring proposal and
more importantly devote the necessary time. However, everyone's input is
welcomed on this critical issue.

If there are smaller registrars that have the time to devote to this short
track agenda please contact me. Any position that is arrived at will be
circulated to the entire constituency for comment prior to adoption by the
constituency.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage