[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Comments on Verisign Wait List proposal

Bruce - thank you for your thoughtful posting.  You correctly pointed out
the way that the agreements affect registry services.  My take away is
two-fold: a) icann's duty not to "unreasonably" deny a new service should be
affected by the level and substance of stakeholders' concerns, registrars
being among the key stakeholders, and b) "reasonable profit" should allow
for a discussion of the costs of the service, or at least a discussion (with
all due antitrust caveats) of concerns that the WLS price does is not
"reasonable."

Given that, the next registrars' position should be focused on our key
concerns, as we have already issued two long statements.  We may well also
reach out to other constituencies, particularly ones representing our end
customers (such as the IPC and BC) and understand their positions.  This
will inform the level and substance of our cocnerns.  I would recommend that
the WLS drafting task force undertake that.

As for voting and concensus, what is our current practice/precedent with
regard to recording votes and sharing that information outside the
constituency?  Perhaps Tim Denton can let us know.

Thanks, Elana