[registrars]

Re: [registrars] ccTLD Registries refuse to pay ICANN fees

> Here is an new article on the ccTLD Registries refusing to pay ICANN this
> year.

FYI - From a procedural basis, the following portion of the NC
Administrative documents most certainly applies assuming that the
*constituency* doesn't pay.

Hopefully Rob, you can come back and tell us that our budget contribution
doesn't have to increase ;)

12. Names Council sanctions procedure

The Council introduced a sanctions scheme in 2001. The scheme applies
immediately. The scheme applies to all past debts but the clock does not
start running on past debts until the first letter is issued. From the date
that invoices are mailed/e-mailed to representatives of Constituencies, if
payment is not received by the DNSO or its agent by: ** 30 days, the
Constituency is sent a reminder letter and another invoice ** 60 days, the
Constituency is sent a delinquency notice and the delinquency notice is
posted on the DNSO Website ** 90 days, the Constituency is sent a "show
cause notice" (in which they are asked to show cause as to why their voting
rights in the Names Council should not be suspended) and they are charged a
5% late payment fee to cover the cost to the DNSO of the cost of money. The
5% penalty is added to that Constituency's dues for the next (not the
current) DNSO budget year and used only for the Names Council's "Reserve
Fund." ** 120 days, the Constituency is sent a "final notice to pay" and
charged an additional 5% late payment fee, which is also due as a added
payment for their next year's DNSO dues and also used for the "Reserve Fund"
** 180 days, the voting rights, but not the right to participate, of that
Constituency's representatives to the Names Council are suspended until such
time as the DNSO or its agent receives all past due amounts including any
late payment fees. These procedures are designed to conform with the ICANN
Bylaws and provide progressively greater pressure on Constituencies that
fail to pay their DNSO dues in a timely way. They are also designed to
ensure that Constituencies that pay promptly do not subsidise those who pay
late by imposing late payment fees on late payers.

-rwr