[registrars]

[registrars] additional BC comment on the "org" re-delegation

fellow registrars.....

the business constituency has recently forwarded this item to the task force:  (see my additional comments below)

"The BC has always supported the introduction of greater competition in the
provision of key gTLD Internet services and sees that such improved
competition would also add diversity and introduce new investment.
The suggested supplemental statement - with a minor enhancement - has been
part of the BC position on .org divestiture and we would support its
communication to the Board.
Rather than seek to prolong the TF work in formulating a consensus policy
recommendation for the NC to adopt and forward to the Board, it is BC's
expectation that the statement below will be part of our minority view
supplemental comments - unless of course there is overwhelming support for
its inclusion in the full report!"

"The Task Force would not, in the interest of increasing
competition, DIVERSITY AND NEW INVESTMENT, wish to see the incumbent
dominant provider of gTLD registry services, Verisign, take an
interest in or contract to deliver critical services
to the new management organization."

(note: there was not "overwhelming support" for inclusion of this item in the TF report and, as a result,  this last minute policy position will be separately communicated directly to the board by the business constituency...)

ken stubbs