RE: [registrars] New Info: Issues with Verisign Waiting List proposal
I have some new info since my earlier email on this proposal. Now that
SnapNames has been announced as the official partner by Verisign, I gave
them a call.
It turns out they have done huge surveys about the price of a backorder, and
are going to be raising their price for a backorder to $ 69 US almost
immediately. So, if the standard price becomes around 70 bucks, and we can
get the cost lowered a bit, then the margins may start to make sense.
(Although I would still like to see the cost of the first years domain
One of my other major concerns was the non-deleting issue of domains, but I
have been reminded by email that the Verisign Registrar thought they could
be finished with their batch deletes by the end of Dec or early this year.
Bruce: Are you able to comment on this ? If it is true that the VR will be
caught up, then the hoarding fears I had would not applicable to this new
service. (providing that other registrars also adhere to the ICANN contract
and don't wharehouse domains!)