[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Issues with Verisign Waiting List proposal

excellent comments rob.... a few add-ons -

> as $ 13.  That would be $26 of money being paid out to registrars, leaving
> only $23 for the actual running of the backorder system (by snapnames).
>
> If snapnames can run it for $26, and I bet one of their biggest

is snapnames can run it FOR $23 :) ....... u quoted the wrong figure...

> However, if VGRS is simply licensing snapnames to do this, and snapnames
> presumably would still want their $ 26 dollars, and then VGRS adds their

why would snapnames still want $26 for their names considering that they no
longer have to spend any money on any acquisition
engine/bandwidth/infrastructure.....

> It is also interesting to note that VGRS has set the system up so
> that it is
> indepenent of the SRS.  Given that they say they have to licence the
> technology, and they have set it up to run as a seperate entity, I agree
> with the earlier statements that it should be tendered openly.

i think this might actually be a very valid suggestion. this process should
be tendered openly rather than create effectively one more monopoly .......
several companies would be able to offer the same process for a lower cost
(i can already see snapnames bidding for a less than $26 pricepoint and yet
making more profit than they are today)