From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@syr.edu>
To: <kstubbs@digitel.net>; <nc-org@dnso.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nc-org] Price discrimination

 Ken:
 I don't see how a registrar's customer relations would
 be harmed if all registrars had to do the same thing.

 But from the customer standpoint, I agree that such
 a policy could disrupt their expectations and lead to
 some consternation. Of course, in some ways that's
 exactly what we would want it to do: instead of
 ASSUMING that they had to treat all TLDs as the same,
 price discrimination would make them think twice.