[registrars]

[registrars] Registrars Constituency Membership

Guys,

I've had quite a few inquiries from people that said, "Why isn't my
name on the RC list?  We're a registrar," from firms that have never
paid the $750 dues.  In at least some cases (Stargate), they never
knew there were dues.

Therefore, in order to drum up new members, I propose we send out
an email to the registrar list stating something like this (not sure
what order we should list ourselves, so I did it alphabetically by
title).

I suggest that the wordsmiths (Mike & Tim) review this, and we send
it to the Registrars list.

-Bryan

Registrars,

The Registrar Constituency is open to all ICANN-accredited registrars.
In order to become a member of the Constituency, each firm must fill
out an application (listing firm contact information and designating
a voting representative) and pay the annual Constituency dues (currently
US$750).

In return, membership entitles the firm to vote in Constituency elections,
including the election for the 3 Names Council representatives chosen
by the Registrars.  In addition, it allows members to participate in
task forces and discussions to help shape Constituency recommendations
to the Names Council and the ICANN board.

This is your constituency, and it provides Registrars with their voice
in the ICANN consensus-building process.  The Registrars Constituency
is the best means available to registrars to help shape ICANN policy.

If you would like to join the Registrars Constituency, please visit
the website at http://www.icann-registrars.org, or contact any member
of the Executive Committee.

Registrar Executive Committee
  Mike Palage, Chair