[registrars]

RE: [registrars] ICANN-Verisign contract review

Elana,

Yes. The thing is: records of discussion in the ExCOm have been kept, though
they have not been written with a public readership in mind. I would like
the opportunity to go over my sometimes cursory minutes and make them
suitable for public viewing. As you are all aware, the ExCom are four people
who telephone each other once a week, and it is no more formal than that. I,
as the scribbler of notes, do not wish to add to my workload unnecessarily.
On the other hand, a public record should be left of what issues we talked
about, though not what we said, and the decisions we took. I do not believe
that the full and frank discussions that we four have should be inhibited by
a hundred eyes or ears. So the minutes for public record should be devoid of
personal comments and observations. Minutes that were kept to remind four
people of their task assignments may need to be rewritten in a more formal
way.

I will get this done over the next two weeks.

Timothy Denton, BA, BCL.
Secretary, ICANN-registrars Constituency
www.tmdenton.com
1-613-789-5397 Ottawa
37 Heney Street
Ottawa, Ontario