[registrars]

[registrars] how can we make this constituancy more effective for all of us

fellow registrars

I have had numerous conversations with many of you over the last month or so and the following topics  keep coming up in these discussions:

1. How can we make our meetings most effective
2. How can me increase our membership & make our constituency more effective in the community.

I believe that we can accomplish both by the creation of specific "workshops" around our future meetings.
In a separate e-mail I have made an initial suggestion for a workshop or "forum" to be held at our spring meeting.

I personally feel  that each future meeting should have a specific time period devoted to a "forum" or "workshop" on 1 or possibly 2 critical issues or topics of universal interest to the registrar community.

These workshops need to be of sufficient depth to be "meaningful" and not just "briefings". The goal of each workshop should be for the participant to be able to walk away with tangible knowledge that he or she may be able use in their own business.

Establishment of these types of  continuing  "value-added" programs and publicizing them out to non-registrar members may very well create the incentive for these people to become more involved as well as providing existing members the incentives they need to stay actively involved in the constituency.

These kinds of activities can only help to enhance our constituency image within the community as well.

I look forward to your thought on this proposal

regards

ken stubbs