[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Transfers Task Force Update

I would also like to see a clarification from an "apparent Authority"
standpoint.

In our situation one telco will buy out another. No one ever thinks about
the domain name contacts because of the amount of conversion on changing one
company to another - less then 30 days for about 1500 to 6000
(telco)customer base. At first everyone's existing email will be an alias
address to the new address. Within the next 2 to 3 months everyone's email
will be shifted to the new email address and the old email address will be
gone. After this time the telco will move domains over to the registrar that
they do business with.

So here is my problem:
1. We will get a request from the New admin to transfer the name which is
from the new telco not the old. The New Admin will want to change the admin
information during the transfer process(Admin convenience - kill 2 birds
with one stone).
2. Old address of Admin and Registrant no longer works or exists because of
the buy out. Losing registrar can not check old email address for Admin or
Registrant.

The new Admin is normally an existing customer of ours which has "Apparent
Authority" as the admin.

Thanks,
David W.
IARegistry