[registrars]

[registrars] False Transfers

Recently I have received several transfers of domains that were not
requested by the domain registrant or Admin. I have requested proof of the
transfer and that has yet to happen.
I would appreciate the correct people to contact.

I have included the registrar and the answer that I was given when I
requested this information.

For wireless-broadband.com
Register.com - verification will have to come from customer, he will tell
the customer to
fax it to us (iaregistry). ***** I thought it was authorized before the
request *****

For zigy.com and lawselect.com
Alldomains.com - left another message today for them to call me back, they
were supposed to
 consulting the supervisor for an answer.

Verisign - 1st call I was told that the 2 names were under some legal notice
so I could not have the authorization. ***** What legal notice the names are
in our database *****
3rd domain they referred me to the supervisor that never called me back.

It appears that the ability for a registrar to challenge a transfer is just
as difficult as initiating it. I would recommend that we publish a list of
whom to contact when a registrar needs to confirm a transfer.

Thanks,
David W.
IARegistry