[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Draft Registrant Complaint Form regarding XFERS

What ?

I am not sure that makes any sense  .... if I understand correctly:

We are going to give a consumer a word document form and ask them to fill it
out.  This means that it will be freeform with no edits being performed.

Then, they are going to fax it to us.

Then, someone is going to have to type their answers into a database to keep
track of them and to statistical modeling.

Seems like a round about process to me.  Let's look at what may be causing
the shudders.

To identify whom is filling it out, you could always have an online form
that is filled out and stored in the database in real time.  If it is a
signature you want, after storing it, take the consumer to a page (nicely
formated) where their answers appear.  Have them print that out and sign it,
and fax it in.  In this way, all the information is already entered.  The
fax is simply confirming their information with their signature.

I am not sure we need to jump to this until we see a problem.  If there
appear to be many false filings, then you could always implement such a
signatory system, but I would suggest starting with something simpler.

Rob.