[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Update #1

> The Executive COmmittee does not believe that these topics
> can be covered in
> one day.
>
> It is proposed that we have a preliminary meeting on Sunday.
>
> The problem is that VeriSign Registry has scheduled an entire
> day event, 9AM
> till 5PM with dinner afterwards.
>
> The question that the excom is proposing is:
> would the constituency support a brief 3-4 hour meeting on
> Sunday? This will
> alow us to get through some issues and not have to cram
> everything into one
> day.
>

> Please provide feedback on the list so we can arrange for an
> extra room if
> necessary.

I support the need for more meeting time to deal with Registrar issues.

My preference is not to meet on the Sunday.

Alternatives are: Saturday afternoon, or sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday.
I am sceptical that ICANN can spend two days usefully on security issues.
There the agenda looks very vague so far.

I see security could be better addressed within the IETF - at least at the
technical level.  Note at the last IETF there was not strong interest in the
DNS Security related sessions - no doubt this will change at the IETF in
December.  I would rather spend some of the time on Tuesday/Wed on registrar
issues.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin