[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Update #1

Rob,

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Rob Hall wrote:

> Ross,
>
> Who said anything about golf.  And I wasn't suggesting not having the
> meeting, just suggesting an alternative time.
>
> I agree we need to spend more time together as registrars.  Or are you
> saying that attending the DNSO meetings on Tues help you resolve substantive
> issues more than another registrars meeting ?

the registrars execs are scheduled to give presentations before the GA and
the gTLD registries, we make have other presentations to give and just
because many may not attend DNSO meetings several of us have
responsibilities durring those times.

> My main point was it should be possible to pick a time when most registrars
> are not involved in another meeting.  Given that Sunday appears to be
> planned specifically for "registrars" to attend , is it not possible to pick
> some other time (perhaps the afternoon of the board meeting, or Saturday, or
> a dinner event some night).

a dinner, would be a great socal time but would not be condusive to ealing
with the complex issues we have to deal with.

> And maybe the answer is to have the general registrars consituency meeting
> all day Monday, and then rather than another 3-4 hour meeting, have smaller
> breakout groups of interested parties in 1-2 hour  meetings that can be
> scheduled around other events (as we did last time with the deletes
> meeting).

we are considering many options; it would be good to know who would be
available on sunday for a registrars meeting; it sounds like ross would
come but rob would go to the verisign registrars event, right?

we need to hear from more registrars so we can understand what to schedule
for.

I think we should also start investigation the use of online decision
making tools and a Registrars only meeting in the US next year, just some
thoughts I personally wish to develop.

-rick