[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Update #1

> Who said anything about golf.  And I wasn't suggesting not having the
> meeting, just suggesting an alternative time.

I was referring to the agenda for the Verisign Partner Conference (and after
re-reading it, noticed that they dropped the golf in favor of dinner @
Chinois.)

> I agree we need to spend more time together as registrars.  Or are you
> saying that attending the DNSO meetings on Tues help you resolve
substantive
> issues more than another registrars meeting ?
>
> My main point was it should be possible to pick a time when most
registrars
> are not involved in another meeting.  Given that Sunday appears to be
> planned specifically for "registrars" to attend , is it not possible to
pick
> some other time (perhaps the afternoon of the board meeting, or Saturday,
or
> a dinner event some night).

All my point is/was that my personal preference with scheduling the ICANN
Registrar meetings is not to schedule around largely social events at the
expense of participation in DNSO proceedings (constituency meetings, Names
Council meetings, Board meetings etc.) If we can manage to squeeze both in,
that's fine, but registrars have a ton on our plate to deal with at this
meeting and I'd hate to see it crunched because of a conflicting sales
pitch.

> And maybe the answer is to have the general registrars consituency meeting
> all day Monday, and then rather than another 3-4 hour meeting, have
smaller
> breakout groups of interested parties in 1-2 hour  meetings that can be
> scheduled around other events (as we did last time with the deletes
> meeting).

That might be an idea but we might get more done in the larger group than a
series of smaller ones - the smaller meetings tend to lead to more meetings
at a later date - they are great at grinding out details, but not in forging
agreement on the higher level issues.

-rwr