[registrars]

[registrars] FYI: Delete Discussion Summary

As I mentioned on the telecon last week, I would prepare an overview of the
discussions thus far as it relates to the batch-delete-processing problems
encountered by Verisign-GRS.

This overview and summary can be found at http://www.byte.org/rc-deletes/ -
it's a little bit rough, but I will clean it up over the next few days
(typos etc.)

This is a very serious issue that will likely affect all registrars. Please
take the time to read through the various proposals and make sure that you
make your voice heard. Comments on the proceedings can be sent to
cgomes@verisign.com, dan.halloran@icann.org, michael@palage.com or as a last
resort, myself. If you have any questions about the specific discussions on
the mailing list, please feel free to drop me a line. There are no public
archives of the discussion, but I have kept a record of the mail traffic in
my inbox.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

-rwr