[registrars]

[registrars] A Message From NeuLevel to the Registrar Constituency

Dear Registrar Partner,

As you may be aware, the Superior Court of Los Angeles, CA issued a
preliminary injunction today in the case of Smiley vs. ICANN, et al.
preventing the activation of certain .BIZ domain names.

More than 80% of the domain names applied for during the .BIZ Domain Name
Application process are unaffected by this decision and will be "live" by
October 23rd.  This decision does not impact NeuLevel's schedule to launch
the .BIZ registry on October 23rd, at which time applicants will be notified
of the status of their application, and new registrations for .BIZ domain
names will be taken on a first come, first served basis.

This decision only affects those .BIZ domain names for which there were
multiple applicants for the same name during the Domain Name Application
process.  These names - fewer than 20% applied for during the Domain Name
Application process -- will not resolve on Oct. 23rd as a result of the
court's decision.  These names will go live upon resolution of the legal
proceedings.

While we are disappointed with the Court's decision and the impact it will
have on some .BIZ applicants, we strongly believe that the process we've set
forth and developed in conjunction with the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is the most fair and equitable way to
distribute domain names.  We fully intend to pursue this matter in the
courts and will work to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

During the coming days and weeks, NeuLevel will communicate with our
Registrar partners and make available the list of affected Domain Name
Applications, as well as a detailed list of answers to questions you are
likely to receive from your customers.  We will work to ensure you have
clear and accurate information to help minimize any customer confusion
caused by the court's decision.

If your legal team has any questions concerning these proceedings, please
contact Jeffrey Neuman, Director, Policy and Intellectual Property at
NeuLevel.  His email address is jeff.neuman@neulevel.biz.

Sincerely,

The NeuLevel Registrar Relations Team