[registrars]

[registrars] Consensus Building

I would like to follow-up on the comments of Larry and Bahvin. I would first
like to note that they are two registrars whose comments I take very
seriously. Unlike a number of registrars that I have gotten to know through
numerous face to face meetings, my primary interaction with Larry and Bahvin
have been through email and telephone conversations. I believe their
contribution to the constituency have been insightful and valuable.

I understand their concerns about potential limitations of the current
Registrars XFER document. However, this document is not intended to be a
static document that will never change. Instead, it is intended to be a
dynamic document, that represents an historic first step in this
constituency's effort to establish a meaningful code of conduct.

I believe it would be beneficial for the constituency to look at history and
learn from our past mistakes. Over a year and a half ago, the registrar
constituency set forth to develop a code of conduct/best practices document.
This started off as an ambitious process to quickly implement a set of seven
core principles. After over 12 months of heated internal debate the final
document was less than originally intended and it basically withered and
died on the vine.

The Registrar Executive Committee was aware of these previous shortcomings
and our purpose with this first ballot is to take an important step in the
right direction. Attempting to incorporate at this time your well thought
out and reasoned comments may unnecessarily delay the adoption of this
historic document.

I encourage all registrars to continue to discuss potential enhancements to
this core document. However, at the end of the day I need all registrars to
exercise their right to vote. If you believe that this document is a step in
the right direction then vote by approving it. If you believe that this
document is not in the best interest of the constituency then vote by
disapproving it.

Best regards,

Mike