[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Transfer Process Points

Lets put it this way -

"IF A CUSTOMER is unhappy with the current registrar then forcing him to
stay EVEN POST EXPIRY is wrong. I believe one of the most important aspects
of the documents was to be customer-centric. I believe as a customer I
should have the free choice to choose my registrar at anytime. After all I
NEVER asked for the auto renewal. Assuming you are giving me autorenewal
also give me the choice to change my registarrs."

Additonally the costs you speak of of making phone calls and sending letters
is a customer retention cost. Every business has it. No business however
FORCES a customer to stay just because thereis a cost to customer retention.
You say you bear an expesne in making phone calls and trying to get a
customer to renew. I presume this cost is made by you before the domain name
expires. Therefore if the customer inspite of you CALLING HIM UP and mailing
him chose not to renew with you before the expiry itself is DIRECT proof
that he doe snot want to deal with you. If on the other hand the customer
did want to renew with you I dont he would when you remind him and call him
up continuously

At the end of the day the true spirit of this proposal is to ensure that the
customer has a free choice. By making an auto renew available but not
allowing the customer to choose his registrar during this autorenew period
we are restricting this free choice