[registrars]

[registrars] technical query

i have two tech queries if someone can help me out -

1. when i transfer a domain name from another registrar to us as a registrar
i need to query the registry for all child nameservers and ip addresses of
that domain name so that i can put the same in my database and allow the
customer to modify them. however there is no direct RRP command to fetch
child nameservers associated with a domain name - atleast none that i could
find. how do other registrars do this - ie fetch child nameservers
information for a particular domain name

2. i am trying to add a nameserver to the registry without an ip address,
using their java toolkit. the command for adding a ns takes a nameserver and
an ip address vector. i want to add a nameserver of another TLD like
ns.directi.tv for instance. for tht i mustnot specifiy ip addresses. however
when i leave the vector null i get an exception. does anyone do this
currently? and if so how?

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO