[registrars]

[registrars] New York disaster

Registrars,

You may have heard about the World Trade Center explosions.  From the
terrace at the NameEngine offices, we watched two planes crash into the
two towers of the World Trade Center; subsequently, part of the south
tower fell to the ground.  The New York streets are pandemonium.  Lower
Manhattan is covered in smoke.  We have very spotty phone connectivity,
mobile phones are completely out, I don't know how long the Internet
connectivity will last.

It's a beautiful late summer morning, and as the sun hits the towers,
you can see the glass glinting as it falls, like confetti, blown out by
the heat of the fires.

Several NameEngine staffers have friends who work in the World Trade
Center, they have all refused to go home and are numbly trying to do
their work.

Now the second tower has fallen, and there is nothing left but debris,
and smoke, and dust.  I have never seen the like of this magnificent,
terrible destruction.

Antony