[registrars]

Re: [registrars] FW: SANJEEV GOYAL

Bhavin,

I haven't checked your other examples, but it appears
that FortKnox.com IS owned by Domain Bank (Not Hal Lubsen)
and additionally http://www.FortKnox.com  DOES point to a site
that registers domain names and is titled "Fort Knox".

So it seems that it is a "trade name, trademark
or service mark of the authorized registrar" and this
consequently appears to be consistent with all 3 requirements.

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

> This thing sucks beyond measure ...... check below sent by a client...
>
> and i thought the handpicked names by afilias were atleast properly
> executed....
>
> pls check this carefully and decide :
>
> Hal Lubsen owns FORTKNOX.com but this does NOT give hime the right to
> "registrar reserve" the .info version. To do this he had to satisfy all
> three criteria listed below in the ICAAN-Afilias TLD Agreement:
>
> Registration Start Up Plan - 11th May 2001
>
> 5. REGISTRAR DOMAIN NAMES
>
> Each Authorized Registrar that enters into a Registry-Registrar
> Agreement with Registry Operator at least ten (10) days prior to the
> beginning of the Land Rush Period shall have the right to register up
> to ten (10) second level domain names ("Registrar Registrations") in
> the Registry TLD, provided that the desired Registrar Registration (i)
> was not reserved or previously registered, (ii) is a trade name,
> trademark or service mark of the Authorized Registrar, and (iii) is
> identical to a name registered by the Authorized Registrar in either
> the .com or .net TLD.
>
> Note it says AND (iii)....  not OR (iii)....
>
> otherwise (i) could be appended with the same OR, which would mean Hal
> could have claimed any name in the dictionary.
>
> NO - he had to satisfy all three of these criteria: so did Signature
> Domains for NUDES.info
>
> My question is: is "FORT KNOX" a tradename, trademark or service mark
> of DomainBank?
>
> If not, has the CEO of Afilias ALSO robbed a Landrush customer (or the
> US Government) of the right to this name?

> Why Afilias Board member Govinda Leopold's company 1stDomainNet have
> "registrar reserved" GOVINDA.info ?
>
> Why Name Engine has "registrar reserved" PIRACY.info ?
>
> And why Signature Domains have "registrar reserved" all of the
> following: NUDES.info, sick.info, cult.info, foot.info, script.info and
> compare.info ?
>
> I'm sure Heather Carle's criteria for all these (which she says were
> hand-verified by Afilias) does not stretch to all these does it?

> search.info
> by afilias without having anything.
>
> does Afilias propose to CHALLENGE Govinda Leopold of their own Board
> for
>  the fraudulent Trademark numbers submitted for Hawaii.info and
> Maui.info ?

> Check this registered on 28th which is rest day.
> *******
> Domain Name:  NORFOLK.INFO
> Created On:  2001-AUG-28 01:48:10.0 UTC
> Expiration Date:  2006-AUG-28 01:48:10.0 UTC
> Trademark Name:  Norfolk
> Trademark Date:  1979-12-26
> Trademark Country:  PH
> Trademark Number:  10195106
> Sponsoring Registrar:  5005-OD
> ******
> govinda.info
> by  1stDomain.Net a division of G + D International LLC (5005-OD) .
> [...]

Larry Erlich - DomainRegistry.com, Inc.
215-244-6700 - FAX:215-244-6605 - Reply: erlich@DomainRegistry.com