[registrars]

[registrars] RE: [RegistrarsList] Update: Listing of Deleted Domain Names to FTP site

Rick,
The posted deleted list does not need to be made available to the registrars
at all. The competition is not between the registrars but between the
consumers who make this their business and understand these drops. Part of
the edge that the consumer has is how they parse the zone files for the
list. That information is already known as long as the method of deletes
persist in this manor. By publishing this list to all the registrars, which
in turn publish the list to their consumers which were never interested in
the deletes are now prone to make a request for the domain.

What use to be a limited commodity for the consumers used selected
registrars to hit NSI has now increased 10 fold.
1) More consumers that previously did not have the means to parse the zone
files now have access.
2) More registrars being asked to register names that have not previously
been in this manor could be adversely effecting themselves from doing normal
business. This could include such things as limiting or depleting their own
system resources and network bandwidth.
3) More requests will be issued to NSI for the same name which is what is
causing the system performance issue at NSI.

I would like to restate that the root of the problem was not started with
the registrars, but has been going on well before the registrars where
created. It is the way that NSI deletes name back into the general public
pool.

Thanks,
David W. IARegistry