[registrars]

Re: [registrars] IDN in three months.

Bob,

IETF meetings happen every 4 months and it takes about 3 to come close on
IDN decisions. I would have loved to see IDN move faster through the IETF
but there have been many road blocks.

This all goes to show that Registries shouldn't roll out their own version
of reality before it becomes standardized.

I think you make light of how important it is for IDN to work, there
are Billions of potential users of Internationalized domains names over
the next 20 years and thats the context the IETF is working in.

I'd like to see the registry renew all ML domains for another year, as none
of the domains have been able to be used. We have VeriSign raking in over
6 Million on this little project and the registrants are left holding the
bag.

-rick