[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Proposals for Rules for the Association

> It seems to me that we should be looking more for a consensus building
> procedure rather than a parliamentary style.  Parliamentary is setup to be
> adversarial, and that is not what we want.  While we do need to vote on
> some issues, it should not be the defacto procedure for dealing with
> something.  Putting in place a complex parliamentary procedure could just
> bog us down further in red tape.

I would agree with this - I believe that the whole point of Tim's effort is
to help us get things done - not to give us more to get done :)

Over the last little while, we have been doing a great job of achieving
consensus on topics, but then things seem to stall out from there. (Best
practices anyone? etc.) So to circle back to what I promised in my note to
Elana - I completely concede this point in the interests of moving forward.

Now the big question is, how do we implement these processes as being
representative of the views of the constituency without having a process in
place to ratify and accept them? <duck>

-rwr

;)