[registrars]

[registrars] Additional Registrar Letter on Transfer Issue

Dear Stuart:

Attached please find an additional letter which another Registrar submits
documenting the problems encountered with the current transfer process. This
letter was originally addressed solely to VeriSign, however ActiveISP has
stated its intention to have this letter submitted to ICANN in conjunction
with the Registrar Constituency letter. If you could try to post all of this
correspondence under a central folder with the VeriSign correspondence, I
believe that it would be very helpful to the Internet community.

There are several other registrars that will be submitting formal complaint
letters to ICANN on company letterhead. I will forward them to you when I
receive them. Listed below is an excerpt from one Registrar's customer
regarding the impact this autoNACK policy is having, which I believe is
typical of the problems most registrars are experiencing.

" After heavy contemplation, we are no longer encouraging customers to
switch to the [REGISTRAR] if their domain is already registered.  It causes
to much hassle on our behalf and the customer expects us to make it happen.
Customers are either not getting the email from NSI requesting approval, or
they do not respond within a timely manner to meet NSI's requirements.  The
Registry will have to work this out with NSI before we will be transferring
any more domains.  $16.95 per domain doesn't validate the hours that I have
had to put into these transfers. "

The Registrar Constituency looks forward to working with you, ICANN's staff
and the Internet community in resolving this problem in a timely fashion.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage

NSI regarding transfers.doc