From: Donny Simonton [mailto:donny@intercosmos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 2:35 PM
To: 'Tom Chaffin'; 'registrarsdnso org'
Subject: RE: [registrars] Transfer Wish

Tom,
One of the problems with transferring a domain away from NSI is that 30
days before a domain is about to expire, NSI sends an invoice to the
customer.  Once that invoice has been created the domain is now
delinquent and can not be transferred away.

How do I know this, I called and asked one of the guys at NSI.  And they
verified that the above is correct.

I actually thought about sending an invoice the day after somebody buys
a domain and then locking the domain so that nobody could transfer the
domain away, since the domain was delinquent.  If NSI can do it why
can't we?  But I decided against that, since I thought that our
customers might not like that.

Donny