[registrars]

[registrars] Deletion of domain name problems

It seems to me, as Ross stated, that the problem is caused by the method in
which domains are deleted.

If we move to deleting them throughout the day, this will just make the
problem worse, as multiple connections will be held all day as opposed to
just in the morning hours.

What about moving to a queuing system for deleted domains such as what
.info ran for their landrush.  The entire point of their queues was to deal
with the high volume of initial registration, and this is exactly the same
problem we are seeing with domains being deleted by the registry.

Would it not be possible for the registry to put all deleted domains aside
each day, and allow registrars to queue the domains they wanted and deal
with the assigning of these domains OUTSIDE of the normal RRP
process.  This would get rid of the load on the RRP, and provide a fair way
for registrars to register these deleted domains.

I realize this may take some new system development, but if we can agree to
start down this path, it will solve a problem that is only going to get
much worse.

Rob.

--
Rob Hall                                voice  (613) 768-5100
President                                  fax  (613) 820-0777

iti,s