[registrars]

Re: [registrars] DEFECTIVE Sunrise Queue parsing by Afilias - My Observations

On 2001/08/07, Bhavin Turakhia wrote:
> 8. Lets also give Afilias a benefit of doubt when they tell me that they had
> decided not to ensure a check for any of the trademark info. However that is
> not true. incidentally the only one TRADEMARK field that is checked for
> validity is the COUNTRY FIELD. SO WHY DID THEY PUT A CHECK ON THE TRADEMARK
> country field and ensure that it was valid, but DID NOT CHECK the date
> validity or the trademark name validity or the trademark NUMBER validity? if
> one of the fields was checked so should the others have been. however the
> country field is theonly one that does not make a difference to those
> committing fraud. the other fields do and those were the exact fields not
> validated by the afilias registry.

Dear Bhavin,

let me note that the checks on the trademark country field have been *dropped*
a few weeks before the beginning of Sunrise, for all the same reasons, because
it could not easily be checked, since this field is not restricted to the
ISO country code list (there are supra-national marks like the Benelux Marks
or the CTM, the European Community Trademarks).

So finally, no checks at all regarding the trademark fields were employed.

Best regards,

Eric

--
Eric Schaetzlein		Schlund + Partner AG	Tel:  +49 721 91374 50
Leiter Domain Services		Erbprinzenstr. 4-12	Fax:  +49 721 91374 20