[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 20:46:11 -0500

Tom/Patricio - All,

The root of the problem does *not* lie with "fellow registrars" nor
necessarily with the registry. The real issue that needs to be examined are
the expiration processes that create the environment necessary for this
problem to exist.

-rwr

> I think you are pointing blame in the wrong direction.  Verisign, I
believe, is taking the correct steps to handle the situation.  It is some of
our fellow registrars who are knowingly causing the connectivity problems
not Verisign.

> Tom
> Stargate

> From: "Patricio Valdes" <valdes@parava.net>
> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 03:49:47 +0200 (MET DST)
>
> >Letter to NSI;
> >
> >Again we are unable to establish New connections to the RRP since 8:30 PM
CST.

> >We are increasingly growing tired of this problem and it seems we are
getting nowhere with your solutions. This problem is specifically hurting us
the smaller Registrars.

> >We do not even use 10% of the 200 allowed connections per Registrar. At
this time, our only option left is to establish all 200 connections to the
RRP even if we only use less than 10.

> >We have waited in vain to see a clear and working solution but so far we
have been spending a lot of time, money and resources we do not have because
NSI cannot do their job correctly.

> >We know that immediately this will only make the problem worse but it
seems this is what every other Registrar is doing.