[registrars]

[registrars] Class Action Lawsuit ???

Please be advised of the following lawsuit that was brought to my attention.
I will attempt to get a pdf copy of the complaint tomorrow and make it
available to the list.

In the new case filing docket sheet for Los Angeles County, the following
action appeared. This action appears to be based on Section 17200 of the
Business & Professions Code which is the California state statute on unfair
and deceptive trade practices.

Based on the inclusion of dotbizlottery.com, NeuLevel, ICANN, and most of
registrars authorized by NeuLevel I would "speculate" that this is most
likely centered around the allocation process that NeuLevel has chosen to
allocate domain names in the .BIZ TLD.

Because of the litigation discovery laws in the US, I will not be making any
further posting either publicly or privately regarding this matter aside
from the actual complaint when I get. I would recommend that all registrars
contact their legal counsel regarding any communications that would
potentially be discoverable.

Best regards,

Mike

Class Action ­ violations of Business & Professions Code §17200 et seq.

David Scott Smiley, dba Smiley Productions LLC, Skyscraper Productions LLC
v. Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers, Neulevel Inc.,
Abacus America Inc., Alldomains.com, Blueberry Hill Communications Inc.,
Bulkregister.com Inc., Catalog.com Inc., Domain Registration Services, Inc.,
Dotster Inc., Emarkmonitor Inc., Enom Inc., Go Dadday Software Inc.,
Intercosmos Media Group Inc., Namesecure Inc., Network Solutions Inc.,
Parava Networks Inc., Register.com Inc., The Registry At Info Avenue,
Verisign Inc., Domain Bank Inc., Cydian Technologies LLC, #1 Domain Names
International Inc., 007Names, Inc., 1 Enameco, 123 Registration, Inc., 21
Company, 4Domains.com, BB Online UK Ltd., Core Internet Council of
Registrars, Corporate Domains, Inc., CSL Computer Services Langenbach,
Cybersearch-US, Inc., Direct Information PVT Ltd., Diversity Network
Services, Domain-It! Inc., Domaininfo, Domainnameregistration.com,
Domainpeople, Inc., Dotbizlottery.com, Edifax Internet Services LLC,
Firstdomain.net, G+D International LLC, Gal Communications, Ltd, I.D.R.
Internet Domain Registry, Internet Domain Registrars,
Internetregistration.com LLC, Markmonitor, Melbourne It Limited, Nameengine
Inc., Namescout.com Corp., NDN Registry, Netbenefit, Netlogin, Netpia.com
Inc., Nominalia Internet SL, Onlinenic, Inc, Procurement Services Inc.,
Rapid Host, Reserveme.com, Signdomain.com, Spy Productions.com, The Nameit
Corp., Tucows Inc., Virtual Internet PLC, Web Express Inc., Web Costasol,
Webcity Australia Pty Ltd., Worldwidemedia.com