[registrars]

[registrars] A procedural proposal for handling the transfers issue

 From: Timothy Denton [mailto:tmdenton@magma.ca]
> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 6:37 PM
> To: Owner-Registrars
> Subject: ICANN Procedures-Transfer Issue
>

> If the rules mean anything, the ICANN procedures for the development of a
> consensus policy should be followed.

A consensus policy proposal needs to be developed.

Either it is developed within the registrars' constituency
AND/OR
a task force is established by the Names COuncil, to do the same.

The positions are not mutally exclusive.

On the first option:
A small group of registrars develop a policy position within the registrars'
constituency that reflects an auto-ack position.

Such a policy position goes forward to the Names Council for approval as the
substance of basis of a consensus policy.

On the second option:

Timothy Denton, BA,BCL
37 Heney Street
Ottawa, Ontario