[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Verisign sends letter to ICANN - Transfer issues

Michael,

From a practical standpoint, the number of issues with the Verisign
letter is so large that it is almost impossible to write a single
"consensus letter" that would do justice to them. This is not to say
that your effort to draft such a letter is not worthwhile and we
appreciate it.

However, we have a situation where one registrar writes a letter
to ICANN and gets it published on their web site. Why would ICANN
not publish a response from each of the other registrars who
writes one, in addition to a consensus statement by the registrars
constituency?

Well, maybe there is a reason to give special treatment to Verisign-
registrar: the very registrar who wants written bilateral contracts
and notarised transfer requests happens to be the registry that
designed and administers a flawed registrar transfer framework.

The flaws in Verisign-registry's transfer framework make transfers
costly, which is precisely in the interest of that Verisign-registrar.
The registry's conflict of interest must clearly be stated in our

Werner

"Michael D. Palage" a *crit :