[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Fw: Registrar Constituency Progress on Policies Concerning Transfers of Sponsorship of Registrations

Ken & fellow constituency members,

I'm happy to see Louis Touton asking for input from the
Constituency on this issue.

What is troubling to me about the Verisign letter is not
necessarily Verisign's policy, but the fact that the company
appears to be unilaterally attempting to set registrar transfer
policy and circumventing the registrar constituency entirely.

In fact, isn't the point of the registrar constituency that we
try to reach consensus on these issues so we can submit our
collective position to ICANN?  Of course, ICANN needs to set
the standard, but that standard should be based on a consensus
position of all registrars, not just a single registrar, even if
it is the largest.

In my opinion, we must have the conference call on Monday, and
reach the consensus of the entire constituency, which should
be presented to ICANN as soon as possible.  This is a perfect
example of why we need the registrar constituency, and four
officers ensuring that these issues are addressed and followed
through.

-Bryan