[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Fw: [council] Policies Concerning Allocation of Expiring Names in .com/.net/.org

At 12:47 PM 7/18/01 +0800, erica wrote:
>In the message below, Louis is suggesting that the DNSO consider formulating
>policy for handling expiring domain names.  This is clearly of significance
>to Registrars and it would be v[ery] useful if the constituency as a whole
>could
>determine its position on the issue.

Dear Erica:

I despair of any policy proposed by this constituency ever seeing the light
of day.  Let's look at our "morgue" of abandoned policies:

Code of Conduct
Best Practices
Warehousing
Data Escrow

Why put good time after bad if ICANN is not going to enact any of our
proposals.

I don't think I am cynical, I think I'm finally becoming a realist.

Regards, BobC