[registrars]

[registrars] Bryan's Candidate and Position statement for Treasurer

I have been nominated for the position of Treasurer for the Registrars
Constituency.  I am providing a short background and position statement
below.

I have a degree in Applied Mathematics with concentrations in Economics and
Operations Research from Yale University.  Since 1999, I have been the
Director of Technology at InterAccess, a data telecommunications subsidiary
of Allegiance Telecom.  Prior to that, I worked for a Washington, D.C.
consulting firm, where my clients were primarily U.S. and foreign government
agencies and multi-national companies.

InterAccess has been involved in the domain name industry since the
company's founding in 1993.  Initially, the company registered domains with
Network Solutions on behalf of its clients.  I led the effort to become an
ICANN accredited registrar, which InterAccess achieved in 1999.

InterAccess is a smaller registrar, but part of a large company, as a
subsidiary of Allegiance Telecom.  Allegiance is a full-service
telecommunications company, providing voice and data telecommunications
services, primarily to small and medium sized business, in over 30 of the
largest markets in the U.S.  In addition, InterAccess and the other data
subsidiaries offer dedicated and dialup Internet connectivity, DNS, web
hosting, colocation, and other data telecommunication services to customers
around the world.

InterAccess' position affords me a unique insight to the concerns of both
small and large registrars.  We experienced the challenges for a small
registrar when we achieved ICANN accreditation and began operation as a
registrar while still an independent company.  Now, with the commitment of
Allegiance Telecom, I have the resources of a large company, while still
operating as a smaller registrar.

All registrars, large and small, need to work together to ensure the
integrity of the domain space.  We are the public face for domain names, we
provide the lion's share of ICANN's revenue, and our voice must be heard
within ICANN.  The domain name registrants are our clients, and our
businesses are the ones most directly affected by ICANN policies.  I will
work hard to ensure that our financial concerns are addressed both within
the constituency and the entire ICANN community.

I believe I can serve the needs of each registrar as Treasurer.  I will
strive balance the concerns of all sizes of constituency members.  Thank
you.

Bryan Evans
Director of Technology
InterAccess, an Allegiance Telecom company
312-496-4295