[registrars]

[registrars] Accept Nomination

I would like to accept the nomination by TUCOWS for the position of Chair in
the upcoming election, and respective decline my other nomination for
secretariat. I believe that I have served the best interests of the whole
registrar constituency over the past two years as its initial secretariat,
and would be honored if the constituency would allow me to serve as its
initial chair.

I think the slate that Ross put forward are all people that I have a good
working relationship with and which would also serve the constituency well.
Tim Denton has been a regular attendee at most of the ICANN meetings over
the last two years, and has helped me take notes while leading the meetings
on several occasions acting as a back-up secretariat. I believe Bob Connelly
is a man with valuable insight and a lot of history in the process. Bob has
taught me a lot about the dynamics of the players in this industry and I
believe he would be an excellent person to make sure that dues were paid on
time. I think Bruce Tonkin is an excellent candidate for technical officer.
I look to Bruce, Rick Wesson and Paul Kane when I have the tough technical
questions to resolve.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage