[registrars]

[registrars] Straw Poll

Hello All:

I have read some of the comments about the original straw poll and believe
that it would be best to modify it slightly. I wanted to do it earlier in
the evening but got tied up working on a domain name presentation that I am
giving next week in New York.

I believe the focus of this straw poll must be very narrowly focused. As
discussed in the Sunday meeting in Stockholm, the more diverse the issues,
the less chance for achieving meaningful progress. For the benefit of those
that were not able to attend, in Stockholm I threw a lot of ideas
(spaghetti) on the wall. The only thing that appeared to stick, based on
those in attendance, was the idea that an autoACK was the more preferred
solution to an autoNAC.

I believe that some of the ideas advanced earlier in the week may help in
alleviating some of the problems being experienced by registrars. However,
one of the purposes of this straw poll is to gauge whether the original
system, as viewed by most registrars, was not broken in the first place.
Another purpose is to determine how the constituency should move forward.
Please wait till you see the straw poll before posting criticism about this
last couple of sentences, it is 3:30 AM and the brain is not firing on all
cylinders.

I hope to have the modified straw poll available sometime tomorrow afternoon
(EDT).

I have received one or two questions about the voting time frame. I believe
that based on the new by-laws, the preferred seven day time frame should be
observed. The key is to have an action plan by the 29th of this month for
the next Names Counsel meeting, should the constituency decide to take the
option.

Mike

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access