[registrars]

[registrars] [Fwd: [council] [Fwd: IDN's moving forward]]

Ross

Just to follow-up on our discussion last week where you requested a
delay in the IDN moving to phase 3.3 until there has been beter
consultation.

Verisign have agreed to delay the start of  Resolution Phase 3.3 for
three weeks.  The deployment date for Resolution  Phase 3.3 is now
scheduled for June 19, 2001.

I would like to thank Verisign for listening and hope the Registrars can
discuss this issue in Stockholm later this week

Best

Paul

Roger

Can you tell us what is going on here??
Why is action being suggested just days before the Stockholm meeting?
Can you please delay this a few days until we have had chance to discuss at
Stockholm?
Last I heard Versign was willing to cooperate with the IETF process, - what is
the IETF's position on this - have they choses BQ--******* I had heard an
alternative to BQ wuld be introduced??
The implications for IDN name holders are substantial.... I hope you will give
us the opportunity to discuss...

Best regards

Paul