[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Accreditation in New TLDs

Note also that the ICANN re-accreditation process must be gone through
as well.  As yet I have not received even a confirmation from "liaison"
(Dan?) to my request for the re-accreditation materials.

Antony Van Couvering
NameEngine

http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-07may01.htm,
resolution [01.62] states:

[T]hat the President is authorized to implement the agreements once they
are
signed, including by accrediting registrars for the .biz and .info
top-level
domains (in that regard, registrars already accredited and in good
standing
for .com, .net, and .org may be accredited for .biz and/or .info without
additional qualifying procedures upon entering an accreditation
agreement
that the President determines is consistent with the existing
accreditation
agreement for .com, .net, and .org, conformed to variations in
contractual
terminology and circumstances of the new TLDs).

I will keep you posted on this important issue.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage
Secretariat of the Registrar Constituency