[registrars]

[registrars] budget committee candidacy

I would like to thank Mike and the Registrar Constituency for the
opportunity to participate in this election and present some thoughts on how
I would further the Registrar Constituency's position in the Budget
Committee.

I consider the development of a strong and focused Registrar Constituency
position to be a key element in the effective representation of our
constituency on the Committee.  To achieve this, I plan to work with the
current committee representatives to thoroughly brief Constituency members,
gather their input, and represent their position in the Budget Committee.
Timely and detailed communication will allow us to accurately and robustly
represent the registrars at the Budget Committee, and enable us to make an
effective Registrar stand on the issues that are crucial to our businesses.

With regard to budget issues, regardless of who represents the Registrar
Constituency, it is important that he or she will seek to address at least
certain key issues.  Therefore, I will seek to:

· protect the Registrar Constituency from fee structures that are
financially unrealistic;
· ensure that the Constituency is in a position to impact the Names Council
and ICANN Board policies and actions; and
· scrutinize the ICANN and DNSO budgets to ensure that they are adequate to
support ICANN staffing, technology, and related needs, so that ICANN can be
responsive to the Registrar Constituency.

Thank you again for the opportunity to speak about this position.  I look
forward to seeing many of you in Stockholm and continuing to work with you
on furthering Registrar Constituency interests.

Elana Broitman
Director, Policy and Public Affairs
register.com
ebroitman@register.com