[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Original Budget Committee Volunteers

] Original Budget Committee Volunteers

> Thank you Rob for that reminder.
>
> As I recall, we wanted to have representatives of small and large
> registrars.  This would argue for one of the larger registrars to be
> nominated to replace Bulk Register.  I don't believe that we
> should exclude
> any registrar from being nominated.  Various companies are involved in
> several constituencies and have always been.  We simply need to know that
> whoever is nominated will represent the interests of the registrar
> constituency.

Elana: The issue here is not multi-constituency activity, but a lack
thereof. The new registries do not have a seat at the DNSO table yet, and it
would be highly inappropriate for them to assume a spot within this
constituency to represent themselves in the absence of appropriate venue
elsewhere. I shy from casting aspersions, but we are talking about human
nature and capital interests here.

Group: On a slightly different note, I am also to assume from earlier
statements on the list that Tucows equity in Afilias would preclude us from
participating in this committee? If not, I would be pleased to put forward
Tim Denton from our organization to represent the large registrars at the
budget table. Other than our small stake in Afilias, we hold no interests in
other registries, sit on any registry boards of directors etc. Tim is also
looking for extra stuff to do right now ;)

-rwr