[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Please Consider the Following

At 12:43 PM 4/6/01 -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>I have no preference and only put it forward for discussion to the list
>based upon Tim 's original email. I agree that any potential consideration
>would have to have safeguards to prevent, these new members from voting on
>issues directly impacting ICANN accredited registrar viewpoints. And it may
>be best to address these issues after the new constituency leadership is in
>place.

Dear Michael:

At that fateful first meeting of the RegistraRs Constituency in Berlin,
that one ccTLD registraR from South Africa managed to take up one-third of
the time.

There is scarcely enough time at any ICANN meeting to cover our *own*
business let alone *theirs*.

We now face the impending membership of gTLD registraRs from seven new gTLDs.

I understand that Nominet has over 400 registraRs.  If all the ccTLD
registraRs came together, they's need to book Cobo Hall;-(

Let's put this thread to bed -- or to the cemetery.

BTW, let's also stop adding more and more names to each posting till the
list of CCs gets as large as the registrars@dnso.org list itself:-(  A bad
habit.

Regards, BobC