[registrars] Tucows' Privacy Initiative
- To: "Vinton Cerf" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [registrars] Tucows' Privacy Initiative
- From: "Timothy M. Denton" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:39:20 -0400
- Cc: "Dennis Jennings " <Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie>, "Patricio Poblete " <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Nii Quaynor " <email@example.com>, "Philip Sheppard" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Masanobu Katoh " <email@example.com>, "Theresa Swinehart " <Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com>, "Roger Cochetti " <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Hirofumi Hotta " <email@example.com>, "Antonio Harris " <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Michael Schneider " <email@example.com>, "Kathryn Kleiman " <kathrynKL@aol.com>, "Zakaria Amar " <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Youn Jung Park " <email@example.com>, "Ken Stubbs " <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Erica Roberts " <email@example.com>, "Paul Kane " <Paul.Kane@REACTO.com>, "Caroline Chicoine" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Axel Aus der Muhlen " <email@example.com>, "Guillermo Carey " <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "San-hyon Kyong" <email@example.com>, "Philip Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Nii Quaynor" <email@example.com>, "Masanobu Katoh" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "M. Stuart Lynn" <email@example.com>, "Linda S. Wilson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Ken Fockler" <email@example.com>, "Karl Auerbach" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Jun Murai" <email@example.com>, "Jonathan Cohen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Helmut Schink" <email@example.com>, "Hans Kraaijenbrink" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Frank Fitzsimmons" <email@example.com>, "Andy Mueller-Maguhn" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Amadeu Abril" <Amadeu@nominalia.com>, "Alejandro Pisanty" <email@example.com>, "Registrars@Dnso. Org" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, "Louis Touton" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
To the Members of the Board of ICANN, ICANN staff, the Names Council of the
In Melbourne at the last ICANN meeting, Tucows launched a privacy
initiative. We are following up on that initiative by placing in your hands
the documents that set forth our position, answer some questions, and
explain who we are.
The titles of the documents are self-explanatory.
We suggest that you store these attachments for future reference.
The attachments to this email contain:
1) Tucows' Privacy Initiative: a letter calling for changes to the
Registrars' Accreditation Agreement with ICANN on the matter of bulk access
to personal data
2) A fact sheet answering some questions about this initiative
3) A fact sheet about Tucows business and personnel
You will be contacted over the next few weeks about this. We will start with
the names council of the DNSO and move on to the ICANN Board. We are aware
that the names council will soon be working on this issue and we welcome
their attention to it.
We are seeking your support to cause this amendment to happen.
Please note that our proposed changes deal only with bulk access - mass
marketing, and do not affect legitimate interests of IP holders and law
enforcement in the Whois look up.
On behalf of Tucows, I am
37 Heney Street
Canada K1N 5V6
An open letter regarding Registrant privacy.pdf