[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Code of Coduct/Best Practices Debate

Michael D. Palage wrote:

> What this demonstrates is the lack of resources that the constituency has to
> achieve its goals.

Right. What we have is one person (who we have
every reason to believe) saying:

"If you will recall, the registrars had agreed to a best practices
statement, which addresses this issue, among others."

...countered by someone else (who we have every reason
to believe) saying:

"This was never ratified by the constituency as a voluntary best
practices document. The last agreement we had..."

Nobody has disputed the second statement yet so
I guess it must be correct??

This is dangerous, although it is the accepted
checks and balances with a list. I don't want something to
go forward, with people thinking it is supported, when
registrars who don't get to attend these meetings not
having a chance to have their say, or maybe even not know
what is going on.

Software, to keep track of all of
the issues, and status of the issues, would be helpful
given the resources. Ideas?

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com

Larry Erlich - DomainRegistry.com, Inc.