[registrars]

RE: [registrars] DomainRegistry.com response to ICANN - Verisign

> At 09:52 AM 4/2/01 -0400, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
>
> >There are no ICANN policies concerning warehousing.
>
> Dear Ross:  I think there are.

II.D.2.ii only refers to the concept that the Registrar agrees that an
anti-warehousing clause would be an appropriate consensus policy for ICANN
to adopt and include in the Registrar agreement. It doesn't actually specify
that anti-warehousing *is* a policy.

> There is certainly one in the new
> proposal
> to Verisign.

Hadn't seen it, but then again, I probably reviewed the documents as quickly
as everyone else ;)

> Q:  Do you think there should *not* be a rule against warehousing?

Not at all. As with anything, it would have to depend on the actual wording
of the policy itself, but I have no problems with the general concept of a
policy that specifically excluded warehousing as appropriate behavior...

-rwr