[registrars]

[registrars] Registry certification

All,

I would be interested to hear comments regarding the issue of registrar
certification for the registration of the new gTLD's.  It appears that it is
no longer acceptable to be simply ICANN accredited, rather we must now seek
separate registry certification before we can consider registrations in the
new gTLD's.  There are a couple of points which our company feel are
important to address here:

1.  If we are to seek certification from the new registries for the right to
register the new gTLD's would we have to provide sensitive company
information which could be used by potential competitors against us?

2.  Accreditation to register gTLD's comes from an agreement between ICANN
and the registrars, in the case of the new gTLD's certification could be
dependent upon an agreement between a registry and a registrar.  A new
registry could arbitrarily decline a registrars bid for certification for
whatever reason.

Have any registrars got any thoughts on this issue?

Kind regards,

Mike Forrester
Domain Name Manager.

Total Registrations
Email : info@totalregistrations.com
Web : http://www.totalregistrations.com

IMPORTANT - The information transmitted in this email is
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please delete this email and
inform postmaster@totalwebsolutions.com immediately

This email message has been automatically checked for the
presence of computer viruses by Mail Essentials.