Thanks you for your responses on this so far - it is certainly clear that it
is quite wrong to claim that the draft agreement has the support of the
Registrars constituency!  However, as Elana and others have suggested, it
would be v useful  if we could develop a considered response to this issue
which has the support of the Registrars constituency.  This is something
which should be included in our agenda for Melbourne but I think the more
work we can complete before then on the list, the better!

> Erica, below you said:
>
> "Since there has been no objection from the Registrars, it has been
> claimed that the draft agreement is supported by the Registrars."
>
> Who exactly has made this claim?

I saw the claim when I was skimming the GA list - I think it had been
wrongly attributed to Louis but I can't be sure.

erica

> We are 100% against this, and we are planning
> to do whatever is necessary to prevent
> this from happening.
>
> We will be filing a formal objection
> which we will try and post to the list.
>
> Erica, below you said:
>
> "Since there has been no objection from the Registrars, it has been
> claimed that the draft agreement is supported by the Registrars."
>
> Who exactly has made this claim?
>
> Larry Erlich
>
> http://www.DomainRegistry.com
>

> Erica Roberts wrote:
> >
> > The proposed new ICANN/Verising Agreement is likely to be discussed in
many fora at the ICANN Melbourne meeting including the Names Council - see
> > http://www.icann.org/melbourne/proposed-verisign-agreements-topic.htm
> >
> > Since there has been no objection from the Registrars, it has been
claimed that the draft agreement is supported by the Registrars.  However,
to my knowledge t
> > Since this will impact most on Registrars, it would be useful if this
matter could be included in the agenda for discussion in Melb.