[registrars]

[registrars] Miscellaneous Update

Listed below are some items that everyone should be apprised of:

1)	ICANN Budget Committee:

inquiries/statement of interests from the following Registrars (alphabetical
order): BulkRegister, InterAccess, Melbourne, and Register.com. Any other
interested parties please notify me ASAP.

2)	Registrar Names Counsel Fees

I have been informed by ICANN that we are the only constituency to have made
a payment toward their 2001 Names Counsel dues. That is the good news, the
bad news is that there has been some book keeping problems that continue to
happen and which I am trying to resolve in my spare time :-) I am currently
working on the situation with Diane from ICANN and should have the problems
resolved shortly.

3)	Registrar Restructuring Committee:

We have had several meetings. We are making progress and should have
something to vote on by the Melbourne meeting.

4) 	Melbourne Attendees:

The following registrars have indicated their scheduled attendance at the
Melbourne meeting:

Deutsche Telekom AG - Henning Grote
7ways  - Francois Collignon
interQ - Richard Lindsay & Shino Tashiro
Speednames - 3 people
CORE - Ken Stubbs
Domain Bank - Hal Lubsen
NameEngine - Antony Van Couvering and Tommy Ho
Active ISP - Rolf Larsen and Steinar Grøtterød
Tucows - Tim Denton and Scott Allan
NSI - Michael Johnson
Melbourne IT - several
Register.com